Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Slow process

But you, dear friends, carefully build yourselves up in this most holy faith by praying in the Holy Spirit, staying right at the center of God’s love, keeping your arms open and outstretched, ready for the mercy of our Master, Jesus Christ. This is the unending life, the real life! (Jude 1:20, 21 MSG)

The savior is coming! Soon we will receive our gift of eternal life. But, not today! While we wait, we prepare. We study the word of our Lord, we pray for wisdom, and we serve the lost and the needy. We carefully do these things so as not to grow in our own confidence, but in the confidence in our Lord. Our faith needs to grow in a way as to prepare us for the worship and the glory we are to be a part of.

I wish I could say I was always in the center of God's love and his will for my life. I can not. I need help doing that. I need my family, my Chrisitian friends, constant study of God's word and daily communication with Him. I am working at building up my faith and following Gods will. When I am not faithful in my study and prayer, I faulted and move away from the center. It's a slow process. I praise God for his patience with me. Thank you Lord!


No comments: