Thursday, June 5, 2014

His eyes!

“His eyes are on the ways of mortals; he sees their every step. (Job 34:21 NIV)

What you do when no one is watching, that's the definition of character. The problem, God is always watching. You can not go through a day without God witnessing your every move, every thought, and hear your every word. Through the history of man we act like we can hide. Adam and Eve were the first and we haven't grasped the omnipresence of God since that time.

The thought of God viewing my every move is terrifying. I have moments of righteousness, but most of the time I'm far from acting in a way God would be proud of. How can I change that? Just the thought of God's watchful eyes should be a deterrent. I know it's not. 

The answer is repetition of the same theme. You must build a relationship with the creator of the universe in order to understand his heart. The more your get to know a friend, the less likely you will do something that hurts them. The more you draw closer to The Lord the less likely you are to sin against him. The eyes of The Lord are saddened by our disregard for him, his laws, and his will. I beg your forgiveness, Lord. I know I am weak and let sin rule my life. Help me Lord. Help me to grow closer to you and your will. I love you. Amen!

No comments: