Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Do not be discouraged

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. (Psalm 27:14 NIV)

I hate it when I read a verse that tells me to be patient. It's not one of my greatest attributes. But this verse is slightly different. It gives hope. In my morning Bible Study from Billy Graham, he talked about discouragement for Christians. He stated, "Christians can not stay discouraged for long." I couldn't agree more.

I have had times where I was discouraged, even for extended periods of time. I claim it was doubt in myself and not The Lord. Is that true? Now that I look back, I would have to say it's an excuse. I have given my life to The Lord. He has promised to never leave me. How can I doubt that? If I have a faith that is real and deep, I can not be discouraged without doubting in The Lord. Our Faith must be strong during difficult times. Our discouragement is lack of patience. Our discouragement is our wanting to be in control and not releasing our life to The Lord. We must wait on The Lord. We must be strong, resist the urge to lose heart and wait! God is always faithful.

We all have times of discouragement. Things don't go well at work, relationships with family, friends,and coworkers can be trying times. But it is exactly at those times that we must rely on the strength of The Lord. We need to wait for The Lord, be strong and take heart, WAIT FOR THE LORD!

No comments: