Monday, June 16, 2014

My own Secret Service "team"!

PThe Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.” (Zephaniah 3:17 NIV)

I am always fascinated by the entourage that travels with our President and the planning it takes to coordinate his protection. Recently President Obama has been making unscheduled public appearances. I'm sure this makes his security team anxious to say the least. They are with him and his family 24-7 and there is no such thing as being alone, yet you always get the impression the president and his family are just like the rest of us when we leave home. Not true!

I have my own secret service. God, my mighty warrior, is always there to save me. He constantly watches over me like a finely trained secret service detail. He loves his job! He delights in the time he spends with me, he rejoices with singing at his assignment. He is there to keep me from my enemies. He is not there to judge. There will be time for that later. I am awed by his unyielding presence in my life. 

Thank you Lord! I feel your presence even though you are not visible. I know you are there, behind the scenes, directing my life and I praise you for it! I praise you that you let me be free to choose your direction in my life. I have seen your protection and I know the only real choice is to choose you to guide me and watch over me. Thank you Lord. You are amazing and truly wonderful!

No comments: