Friday, June 6, 2014

Bucket List

My goal is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, (Colossians 2:2 NIV)

Do you have a bucket list? For those who are scratching their heads, a bucket list is a list of things you want to before you die. Here's mine in no particular order:

-- ride a motorcycle in all 50 states and provinces of Canada -- I'm getting closer. This year I scratch off Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Quebec, and maybe Newfoundland in Canada. I will also add the states of Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Massachusettes, and New York. After this year, I have ridden in all the lower 48 except Delaware, Lousiana, Washington, Oregon, and Idaho.

-- live to be 100 years old - being a diabetic makes this very difficult.

-- own a motorcycle shop.

-- own a donut shop in Florida

-- learn to fly

-- travel to the Arctic Circle by motorcycle via Alaska


I'm sure their will be more. The list just keeps getting longer all the time. But every one of my goals, including my bucket list goals, include sharing Christ because my ultimate goal is to bring people to Christ.

As you can see a lot of my goals deal with travel but all of them deal with being talking to people. I travel to meet and talk to people. I love talking to people in gas stations, restaurants, campgrounds, parks, and just along the side of the road. Pulling a camper with a motorcycle is the hook. People just can't resist seeing the Vic and the camper. I love wearing my CMA colors and I love explaining what our mission is. I had opportunities to pray with strangers, share Gods love and witness by my friendliness. Life is about relationships with people even if they are brief encounters along a vacation trip.

God has given me a mission and I love it. I praise him for the desire he has put in my heart to talk to strangers. I praise home for the gifts he has given me.i pray I use those gifts for his purposes and not my own. I pray he brings people into my life that need his message of love. Give me the boldness to share and love people!

No comments: