Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Framily!

One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. (Proverbs 18:24 NIV)

How many friends do you have? I'm not talking Facebook friends, I'm talking about friends that you would do anything for and friends you would do anything for. I have a lot of people in my life that I consider friends. My CMA friends, my coworkers, my neighbors, and my friends from years past. But, My best friend is my wife and next comes my daughters, their husbands, and my grandkids. Yes, that's right! My family is my FRAMILY! Here is the definition of a friend:

  1. 1.
    a person whom one knows and with whom one has a bond of mutual affection, typically exclusive of sexual or family relations.
    synonyms:companionsoul mateintimate, confidante, confidantfamiliaralter ego, second self,playmateplayfellowclassmateschoolmateworkmate;

The definition of a friend excludes family members. I hate to disagree with Webster, but I couldn't disagree more. Look at the synonyms, companion, soul mate, intimate, confidant, are those NOT great descriptors of our families? They specifically describe my wonderful wife.

I love my CMA friends and biker buddies. We spend a lot of time together, but the bulk of my time outside work is spent with my family. We share common interests and we all love The Lord. I am a better friend to those outside my family because of the friendships I have developed within my family. I praise God for the friendship I have with my wife. I praise God for the wonderful gift of my wife and family. I praise God for my wonderful daughters and their families. We have been together through so much in our lives. I enjoy the time we spend together not because we are family but because we are friends. We have made it through life together and I can't imagine a life without you! I love you!

No comments: