Tuesday, June 17, 2014

My inner voice!

keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander. (1 Peter 3:16 NIV)

How could anybody speak against someone's good behavior, let alone speak maliciously? But, when it does happen I need to battle the urges to get even. It is confidence in yourself, but more importantly confidence in Christ, that allows our heads to be held high even through verbal harassment. I have found if I listen to my inner voice, my conscience, the voice of the Holy Spirit, I can come out on top when dealing with my critics.

My actions under duress speaks more to my faith than any thing I do. My response to tense relations will make even the strongest enemy take note. I'm not sure I've ever gotten to the point where my response "shamed" an enemy, but I will always be cautious of my words and actions with those that choose to persecute me. I will think be for I act.

It just affirms how much we are on display as followers of Christ. We are placed under a microscope and our lives critiqued by those who are not brothers and sisters. Do I live up to their standards? Can anyone? The goods news is we have only one standard to uphold. That is the standard of Jesus Christ. God has gifted us with a conscience to help us follow those standards. We may choose to ignore the message of that inner voice from God, but it is placed there for our benefit. 

Thank you Lord for your love and the protections you give me. Thank you for the gift of the Holy Spirit and  the help it provides. I want to follow your plan, even in my weakness. Thank you for your love through persecutions in all forms. Guide my actions and my words through this wondeful life. May I be a blessing to those around me! Amen!

No comments: