Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Miracles

I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.” (John 6:51 NIV)

The miracle of food, literally, coming down from Heaven every day is nothing short of spectacular. God chose this method to feed his people when they wandered the desert. I love that my God likes the spectacular. He will go to great lengths to show his existence and availability. Some people say he doesn't do that anymore. They say he doesn't show himself in spectacular ways. I completely disagree. Is it any less spectacular his healing cancer, saving lives, or healing relationships? I personally have experienced his REAL presence in my life. I do not need mana from Heaven to feel his presence.

The greatest miracle is the fact that God sent his son to live with us, teach us, lead us, and then chose to sacrifice him on the cross for our sins. We overlook this miracle all the time. We look past the truth that the creator of the universe cares about us, loves us, wants to be with us and sent his spirit to walk with us everyday. We overlook the miracle of life, the consistency of the rising and setting sun. Life in itself is a miracle. He provides us so much more than mana. He gives us eternal life. I would have loved to been there to witness the mana. But I wouldn't exchange that miracle for my own. Thank you Lord for your great love and the miracle you perform every day.

No comments: