Thursday, June 19, 2014

Wordless prayer!

In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. (Romans 8:26 NIV)

Have you ever closed your eyes or bowed your knee in prayer only to lose the words? Or have you moaned your way through a plea for Gods intervention? I have, so I can truly relate to this verse. The amazing aspect is that God is pleading with us in prayer to God himself., "but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans." If I understand the trinity, God and the Spirit are one. God himself then actually pleads with us TO HIMSELF! I'm not sure I can fully fathom this, but having the creator of the universe as a partner in prayer is always a good thing. In order to have that kind of relationship you must develop it long before the need arises. Although it's never too late to turn to God, in order to be instep with him in prayer, you need to know him deeply. 

My goal is to know God deeper. I want to not only know his thoughts, but be his hands, feet, and voice in this troubled world. It will take time and effort on my part to build this relationship. I can't just do it on Sunday or religious holidays. I can't just depend on my own understanding I need to enlist the help of God himself in building this oneness. My advice to you, do the same. Don't  waste any more time. Tonight, meet with God, open your heart to him, be silent and listen, begin to develop the best relationship of your life. Study his plan. Talk to him all the time, plead with him, fight with him, praise him, laugh with him. If you do all these things, when it some to a time where you just don't know what to say, he will speak for you!

No comments: