Sunday, June 8, 2014

Representing Christ!

But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, (Philippians 3:20 NIV)

Stephanie and I will be leaving in just a few weeks on our annual cross country motorcycle trip. This year we are traveling uncharted territory. We are traveling Northeast into Canada, Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Newfoundland/Labrador. I know it's just Canada, but it really is a foreign country. Don't laugh! Many of the areas we are traveling will speak very little English. I can't wait. We have to travel by ship to Newfoundland and have to get a room on the ship to sleep over night. It's another of our many adventures! 

When we travel I act differently than I do when I'm home. This will be even more important when I travel this summer. Americans don't always have the greatest reputations. I want to make sure I am setting a good example. Everyone will be able to tell we're tourists from the USA. I will be more considerate, more friendly, and have a servant attitude everywhere I go. It's just like my Christianity. I am always on display as a Christian. This is definitely true when I travel by motorcycle. I love wearing my faith on the outside. My CMA patch, clothing, and labels put me in a spotlight as a Christian. I have to make sure my walk matches my declaration of faith.

Does my life match my faith walk when I'm not wearing an external label? Can people recognize my love of Christ? I am a Christian 24/7 and I need to make sure I present that faith in a way pleasing to God. I need to do that every day, not just during my vacations across this continent!

No comments: