Friday, January 31, 2014

Wild Horses!

You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ. (Romans 8:9 NIV)

I was never really good at riding horses. I only did it a few times. Most of my experience is with tame, VERY domesticated horses. I believe regardless what I did, they would walk down the trail in the perfect path. It wasn't much of a challenge. Secretly I have wanted, just once, to ride a horse on the open range. It's the same freedom I get from riding a motorcycle on the open road. I love riding my Iron Horse out west. The wide open spaces of the west are my favorite places to ride. It gives me the feeling of living back in the day of  wagon trains, the Calvary, long off the land. I love adventure!

We are very much like the wild horses that wander this country. We are hard to tame and not very easy to control. Without the Spirit of God we are out of control and miss the greatest blessing of life. God has given us the Spirit to direct our lives much like the bridle and reigns of a horse. He gently tugs and pulls us one direction or another. We often fight it like a wild bucking bronco. But, he is patient and continues to try to tame us. The difference is when I yield to him and let him guide my life, the real adventure begins. It is then that we experience true freedom and a life field with wild blessings!

I praise God for his love and direction in my life. I beg forgiveness for the times I fight Him. I know his plan is more amazing than any plan I could come up with. I am so thankful he is patient with me even after 53 years of trying to direct my life. Praise God for his honor and grace!

No comments: