Thursday, January 23, 2014

The tossing sea!

But the wicked are like the tossing sea, which cannot rest, whose waves cast up mire and mud. “There is no peace,” says my God, “for the wicked.” (Isaiah 57:20, 21 NIV)

Many years ago, Stephanie and I had a foster son. He recently retired from the Navy. We are so proud of him and the life he has lived. We are also envious that he now lives in Hawaii. It's below zero here in Indiana and we have a windchill of -25. Early in his Navy career he invited me to come on a family cruise with him. It was great, with one exception. I got sea sick. A Navy ship isn't a luxury liner. I was fine until the evening when I tried to sleep in the Small Birth of a seaman. I couldn't handle it. We ended up spending the night on deck.

Some peoples lives are just like that trip on the waves. Their lives are filled with turmoil, conflict, and unrest. I see so many kids with lives that are the same way. They need peace and the best way to find real peace is through Jesus Christ. Family conflict, job strife, broken relationships, and financial issues do not need to destroy your life like a tidal wave. Jesus can provide peace. I know because it is true in my own life. The more I lean on him. The greater the peace, the clearer the direction.

 Praise God for the joy and peace he provides in my life. His plan is perfect. When I allow him to rule my day, the blessings are abundant!

No comments: