Tuesday, January 14, 2014

I Love My Church!

I rejoiced with those who said to me, “Let us go to the house of the Lord.” (Psalm 122:1 NIV)

I really love going to church. My wife and I missed the last two Sundays. I was sick on one of those and church got cancelled due to a snowstorm on the other. When we went this past Sunday, it was good to be there. 

I attend a great church that works hard at serving its members. Worship is grounded in great biblical teaching and authentic praise. We have recently built a new sanctuary and it really looks like we are continuing to grow. God has blessed our church. He has provided great leadership and people to attend who are genuinely interested in growing closer to God. I rejoice when I have the opportunity to go to the house of The Lord. Praise God for this wonderful place of worship.

My commitment to weekly worship is not out of obligation, it is out of desire. I have attended weekly worship for every year of my life. You would think after attending at least 2500 worship services in my life, they would have lost their luster. Yet, I learn something new and am touched by every service. I think is an attitude. If you go to church with an open heart and mind, God will speak to you. If you go with the attitude of drudgerie or obligation, you will not receive ll the blessings of the Holy Spiirit. Rejoice in the freedom to worship. Rejoice in going to the house of The Lord! 

No comments: