Tuesday, January 28, 2014

53 years is not enough

Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing. (Revelation 5:12 KJV)

I have lived for over 53 years and am a little dissappointed in my impact. Don't get me wrong. I'm not going to compare myself to Christ. He lived only 33 years on this planet and look at his impact. Even if you can't get to the point of the truth of who Jesus is, you have to admit there is no one that has had such an impact on world history. That alone should give you pause to evaluate who Jesus is. Don't evaluate Christians. Evaluate Christ! 

I am not a great Christian to evaluate. I am far from perfect and like Paul said, I might be the chief sinner. 53 years is not enough to make an impact like I want. My only real goal in life is to bring others to know Christ and accept him as The Lord of their lives. But, don't spend time digging deeper into Christians, dig deeper into Christ. He alone is worthy of the honour, glory, and praise. All the rest of us fall WAY short of that goal. Don't look at our selfishness, our judgmental attitudes, our split personalities, or our indifference to suffering. Look at Christ. Look at his love, grace, and mercy. Look at his sacrifice on the cross. This single person has captivated the entire world for over 2000 years. There has to be something supernatural about that kind of impact. It can't be just chance. It can't be something dreamed up by 12 men who lost their leader. Jesus was special because he was the son of God and overcame death on the cross to save those who come to him.

I ask forgiveness from God for my failings. I want to represent you as an example but know I fall short. Help me to direct people to You, not to me and my life. Help me to continue to work toward your perfection and work to being a better Christian to those who do not know you. I love you and praise you for your power, riches, wisdom, strength, honour, glory, and blessing.

No comments: