Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Peace and security behind the curtains

We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, (Hebrews 6:19 NIV)

It's day 3 of the Blizzard of 2014. After my initial "Snow War" on Sunday, I have settled in to the comfort and security of our wonderful home. God has blessed us with this great place to live, perfect for our needs. When the wind picked up and the temperatures started falling we closed all our curtains and blinds. With the fireplace going and the furnace running we are warm and peacefully secure. That hasn't been true for many residents of Dekalb County. Last night Auburn lost power for several hours and the night before many Garrett residents lost power. Most people didn't panic, they just did what they had to do to stay warm, be patient and trust in the Power Company to return their electric service.

I'm glad I have the hope and security of Jesus Christ. I can not imagine going through life without my savior. I can't imagine life without the Bible, prayer, or the fellowship of my fellow believers. Just like the security of my warm home, I have a hope that provides great peace and joy every day. Even through lifes storms and trials, I have a hope that is a firm and strong anchor. He is held in my heart and provides an inner sanctuary that is unimaginable. Thank you a Lord for the joy of your salvation!

No comments: