Friday, January 17, 2014

Open up!

Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass. (Psalms 37:5 KJV)

Do you ever say one thing and do another? I do this, especially with my prayers. Many times I ask for God's will and get mad when his will doesn't match my own. I say I want his will but, "he better use my timing!" When I do this it's not exactly TRUSTING in The Lord. But my God knows me. He knows my thoughts, my wants, my needs, and everything about me. So when I fight his will he is not surprised. It's been going on since Adam.

Look at how these verses are written in the Message: 

Open up before God, keep nothing back; he’ll do whatever needs to be done: He’ll validate your life in the clear light of day and stamp you with approval at high noon. (Psalm 37:5, 6 MSG)

I like two things about this paraphrase. It gets to the heart of prayer. It's ok to come to with everything to God. Open up to him with YOUR plans, YOUR timing, and YOUR wants. If we are open and honest with him, he will validate our life. This wonderful paraphrase doesn't say he will do what ever we want. It says he will do whatever NEEDS to be done. He will honor our openness NOT by giving us everything we want. He will bless us beyond anything we could hope for in our own plan. 

God has a vision we could never hope to have. He hears our cry and answers those cries in the very best way FOR US. It might not be in our own timing, it might not be in our own way. He will respond in a way that is best for us. So, does that mean we shouldn't share our plans, timing, and wants? NO! We need to open up our hearts to The Lord. We need to share it all. We need to plead, CRY OUT, and OPEN UP, to The Lord with all things and in all circumstances. As we progress through our lives we will see the blessings and how God has answered our prayers. Our prayers will naturally change. I have seen it for myself. God has not punished me for my selfish prayers. He understands them and because I have committed my life to him and asked him to take my life, he honors that. Praise God he knows me! Praise God he wants me to turn my life over to him, but he wants us to be a part of that plan. He wants us to open our hearts to him on all things and then he will take control. He is amazing. His plan is amazing. My life is amazing only through him!

No comments: