Monday, January 6, 2014

Beauty in the midst of a blizzard!

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! (2 Corinthians 5:17 NIV)

I spent all day yesterday fighting with a blizzard. We got over a foot of snow. It came down at rate of at least an inch an hour. I don't have a snowblower and didn't want to have to dig out of +12 inches of snow at one time. Plus the forecast, which has been verified this morning, is for subzero temps.

So now I'm sitting here after having a great breakfast with my wife and looking at the beautiful NEW snowfall. Sitting here in a warm home with the wind blowing the snow outside is really beautiful. The four foot drifts will be a lot of work to shovel from in front of the garage, but from my comfy chair, they look peaceful. 

Every day I renew my faith with Christ is just like the beauty of the new fallen snow. I DO need to renew that faith continuously. Because of my own sinfulness my "snow" gets dirty, it loses it's beauty. I am thankful I have a wonderful God who loves me and understands my weaknesses. I am thankful he provides time, even in the midst of a blizzard, to see his beauty and know he is here.

I pray today that everyone is safe from the dangerous conditions outside. Lord please protect those that must work in this. Bless the police department, fire department, electric workers, road crews, health care workers, and leaders in our community. Give them wisdom and strength to do their work and safety to return home. amen!

No comments: