Wednesday, January 1, 2014

It's personal!

It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. (1 Corinthians 1:30 NIV)

I was just reading my daily devotion and stricken with a simple truth. Christianity is not about doctrine, philosophy, or creed, it's about people. Real people are the center of our faith. None are more real than the person of Christ. Christ brings our faith to this world. His presence here is an example for our lives today. Jesus loved people while he walked the Earth and he loves us just as much right now. We need to take his example and love in the same way. We need to love the woman at the well, we need to love the sick, the orphans, the widows, and most importantly, the sinner, just like he did. Our faith, in action, needs to be on a personal level. I don't always do this. I put my doctrine, my beliefs, above people. It's not about what I believe it's about Jesus. If I make it about anything else, That's wrong!

Lord teach me to really love people. Teach me to share the abundant love you have given me. I don't know how to do this on my own, I need you directing me. Keep my thoughts pure and my motives a mirror of your own. Please be patient with me, but firm in your guidance. I love you and praise you with all my heart.

No comments: