Friday, August 11, 2017

Withdrawal

“But they delight in the law of the Lord, meditating on it day and night. They are like trees planted along the riverbank, bearing fruit each season. Their leaves never wither, and they prosper in all they do.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭1:2-3‬ ‭NLT‬‬ http://bible.com/116/psa.1.2-3.

When things aren't going well, my "go to" is withdrawal. When  I feel anger towards someone, silence is my response. I have always used these coping mechanisms to solve my problems. Sometimes it works. Sometimes, not so much. When I withdrawal, it gives me time to think, it suppresses my urge to lash out, and most importantly it gives me time with the Lord.

The more stress in my life, the more turmoil packed into my day, the more I desire to bury myself in the word of the Lord. I take so much comfort in studying, reading, and  internalizing the Word of God. I treasure our time, quiet, time together. I praise God for his word. I praise God he allows me to come to him through the storms of life. I praise him for loving me enough, not just to walk by my side, but to carry me when I can't take a step forward on my own.


Dear Lord, I love you. I praise you. I thank you for the word you have given us to get us through our lives. I promise to share that word with others. I will serve YOU alone through my thoughts, my words, and my deeds. I need you Lord. I can not do this life without you. Thank you for always being there. AMEN!


No comments: