Thursday, August 3, 2017

Tired: Giving up!

“So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭6:9‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/gal.6.9.nlt

I'm tired and I'm giving up.

Not really!

But, I sure feel like it sometimes.

I'm tired and when I'm tired I really feel like giving up. I'm physically tired and mentally weary of life. It's not that I want to do evil. I just get tired of the battle. The battle is fought everyday between good and evil. Christians all over the world are misunderstood, misrepresented, persecuted, humiliated, and attacked. Those attacks come in a variety of forms from a variety of people. Friends, family, coworkers, all are capable of some pretty vicious attacks. The armor protects us but it gets pretty "dinged up" in the heat of battle. We all get tired in the midst of the battle. That's the place I'm in right now.

But, just at the right time, an unexpected blessing will appear. Just when I want to give up, God shows up. My 57 years of life have taught me to never give up, God will show up in powerful ways. Sometimes I don't understand why he waits. Sometimes it feels like and eternity until he shows his face. But, I trust him just the same. So right now in the midst of my inner turmoil, I wait on the Lord. I will continue to do good and wait for his response. I will continue to fight for the lost, the forgotten, and those that can not fight for themselves. Come Lord Jesus, fill my heart. Show your face.

No comments: