Thursday, August 17, 2017

24 hr Challenge - Thankful ALL DAY

“They were also to stand every morning to thank and praise the LORD. They were to do the same in the evening”
‭‭1 Chronicles‬ ‭23:30‬ ‭NIV‬‬
http://bible.com/111/1ch.23.30.niv


I was challenged in my new devotional to be Thankful for the entire day today. No complaining, just thanksgiving. I'm going to give it a try. I was challenged to be outrageously thankful. Oh boy, I'm not sure about that one. No! It's not thanksgiving day. Hopefully, we have a couple more months of riding weather before we celebrate that day! And these verses don't designate a single day to giving thanks. We should give thanks daily, every day. But, ONE DAY IS A START. Praise God! For those that have noticed my grumpiness, this is NOT a cure. My attitude toward some of my enemies probably won't change. But, I will be THANKFUL God is protecting me from them. I might still harbor some bad feelings, but I PRAISE GOD he has brought me through the attacks and praise him I can overcome the challenges.


So here's my plan. I will be thankful and not complain to anyone and every time I hear a negative thought resound in my head, I will substitute a word of praise for my loving Heavenly Father. One day? Really if I can't do this one day, I'm worse off than I thought.

Dear Lord, you are amazing. I feel your presence every day. I am humbled by your love for me with all my flaws, sins, and stubbornness. Forgive me for not praising your name more and more. The energy I have to walk through a valley of evil every single day, only comes through you. I promise Lord to honor you throughout my day. My love is yours. Amen!

No comments: