Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Search for the ONE!

“We destroy every proud obstacle that keeps people from knowing God. We capture their rebellious thoughts and teach them to obey Christ.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭10:5‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/2co.10.5.nlt


The number of obstacles placed before people to keep them from knowing God is overwhelming. Satan is working full time to keep us quiet and to harden the hearts of the lost. It seems our cause is hopeless. The media finds all our faults and makes them into today's headlines. Right now Joel Osteen is being attacked. I don't know the truth, but I know the world is watching and even the wrongful perception is hurting our message. Every sinful thought and ineffective deed is used against the gospel message. Barrier pop up everywhere when we take even the slightest step of the path of our Christian walk. We need to continue to destroy those barriers. The more obstacles thrown at us, the more we need to increase our efforts. The more we are persecuted, the more we are isolated from the worldview, the more bold we need to be to share the message of Christ. Our lives need to reflect the love of Jesus. We need to speak the word but our actions need to match our words. We need the power of Jesus to guide us and lead the battle before us.

No matter the hopelessness of our world, we need to search for the one, the one person open to the love of our savior. My whole life is about bringing EVEN One person to the love of Jesus. Sure it would be wonderful save hundreds, thousands, or more, but we need to start with just one. 

Dear Lord, forgive me for my ineffectiveness and letting my own impure thoughts get in the way of bringing people to know you. Give me strength of purpose. Give me your power to overcome satans onbstacles so I can bring others to know you. I love you Lord and want nothing more than to serve you with my life. Amen!

No comments: