Wednesday, August 16, 2017

The Battle Rages On

“for, “Who has known the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?” But we have the mind of Christ.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭2:16‬ ‭NIV‬‬
http://bible.com/111/1co.2.16.ni

This was a great two week devotional by Joyce Meyer, "the Battlefield of the Mind." I really love the theme. I think all of us struggle with our thoughts. I am no different. Lately, I have struggled more than ever before with my own thoughts. Even  when I feel broken, I need to continue to focus on the Lord.

I'll be honest. I have been battling with some depression. This fight has been off and on for a few months. I have rarely felt closer to the Lord through this entire process. I believe the changes happening in my life are from him. So, I'm not fighting them. I feel his presence when my patience wears thin. With his power I've been able to control the urge to lash out. I feel his presence when I have felt rage welling up inside me, it passes quickly and then I am filled with peace. I feel the Lord is preparing me for greater things to come. He is making me a better person. I'm excited about that. But I still feel a great loss in my life like I've lost a dear friend. When you lose someone, or in this case something, it takes a while to heal.  I can wait. The Lord knows what he's doing. He loves me. His shield of protection is over me. I feel his love and his presence. Praise God he loves EVEN a sinner like me.

The battlefield in my mind is raging, but I feel the army of the Lord is on the front lines just for me. Victory is imminent!

No comments: