Sunday, August 20, 2017

The Challenge of Confidence

“Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.”
‭‭1 Timothy‬ ‭6:12‬ ‭NIV‬‬
http://bible.com/111/1ti.6.12.


Have you ever had a time when you lost your confidence? I certainly have. It seems like the world has torn me down enough that I start questioning myself. Then I  wonder if I am going to do anything right. My motives are questioned, my methods are questioned and then I doubt my God given talents and personality. It has happened to me and I am sure many others have shared those thoughts. The moments of doubt sometimes are fleeting and other times they persists. Right now, in some areas of my life, my doubts can not be shaken. 

God is constantly at work in our lives. Even through times when my confidence is shaken, God is building me up. These verses assure me of one thing. God has confidence in me. He has so much confidence in me that he has guaranteed my eternal life. He wants me to know at the end of life's struggles is a beautiful eternal life. My  fight of faith is the ticket. God is also with me here, today, to tell me that he has unwavering, grace filled confidence in me. It's not that he is satisfied with the person I am. He is always molding me, twisting my life in order to serve him.  But just because he is trying to change me doesn't mean he doubts me. Praise God for his perfect love and his faith in me to do his will. Praise God that when doubts creep into my heart, I can turn my thoughts to Jesus. I can talk to my best friend and listen to his thoughts, let him mold me into someone better than I am today. Lord I invite you today to continue to mold me, love me, and I praise you now for everything I am and will be. Amen!

No comments: