Tuesday, August 29, 2017

He didn't do it.

“For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭5:21‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/2co.5.21.nlt

When you make a mistake that affects someone else, you need to make it right. I wish this were the norm. Many people can't even get to the point of admitting a mistake. They certainly don't have it in themselves to correct it. Saying your sorry is just the beginning of the conversation. Healing begins when we say we are sorry, for both people. We are responsible for the pain of others through our sinfulness. We can't just let that pain remain. We need to do more than just say we are sorry in order for complete healing to occur. We need to show by our actions the depth of our sorrow.

With Christ he accepted the punishment for something he didn't do. We did it and he suffered for it. We can try but we can't even make it right. Christ doesn't care that we make it right. He accepted it before we even thought about accepting responsibility for our sin. We are made right through Christ. I am thankful. I know my sin has deeply hurt my loving Heavenly Father. I beg his forgiveness and he discards that sin like a filthy rag. Praise God for his wonderful love and the forgiveness he gives me throughout my life.

No comments: