Saturday, August 12, 2017

People sent by God

“Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. Stand firm against him, and be strong in your faith. Remember that your family of believers all over the world is going through the same kind of suffering you are.”
‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭5:8-9‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/1pe.5.8-9.

I was reminded this morning in my devotion that sometimes we put too much emphasis on the battle or the enemy in our life. We make Satan bigger than he is. I also noticed something these verses do not say. The verse says he is looking for someone to devour. It does NOT say he finds anyone. Be strong. We are not going to lose.   God wins! It's not even a fight. The faithful are protected. Praise God! There really isn't even a battle. God wins! We are saved!

It has been several months that I have felt under attack. I really feel the battle. Satan is trying to destroy my faith. Yet, here I am praising God. While I feel under attack and in many ways battling the world, I can feel his presence and his wonderful protection. Much of the challenges I have been facing are dealing with people. Its not been friends, it's not been family, it's been from people that, frankly, could care less about me. Those people just don't matter. Through it all I have received overwhelming support from those that really care. God has placed those people in my life to show HIS POWER AND GRACE. While I am still dealing with my feelings towards the attackers, my day is hopeful because of former students,  close, dear colleagues, family, and friends. God is amazing. Just at the right time, he knows what I need. Praise God!

No comments: