Wednesday, August 23, 2017

I have a weird thought!

“And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭5:5‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/rom.5.5.nlt

I often get some weird thoughts. I want to blame the Holy Spirit who lives inside me. I'm not sure that's always fair! LOL! But maybe right now........


I am sure we can all agree "There is an abundance of hate in this world!" I have to admit my anger rises when I think of certain people in my life. It even rises to an unhealthy level. I think I'm not to hating anyone, but none the less, I do feel anything but love for some in my circle of influence. I hate that about myself and, thus, my weird thought.

Do I really Love myself?

I have noticed in my 57 years of life, I am a pretty harsh critic. I rarely cut my self any "slack". Yes, there are many times I look back and hate what I've done and hate what I've said. Yes, I often hate myself. God knows everything about me. He knows all my stupid mistakes, my sinfulness, and my hate. Yet, he still loves me beyond measure. He fills me with his love to push out the hate inside me. Even as a declared follower, I resist the filling of my life with his love.

How can I love others if I don't even love myself? How can I serve others until I fill myself with the word and heart of God? The world hates others because it doesn't even know how to love itself. We think people are mean to each other, the abuse we give ourselves is infinitely more severe. Lord help me love myself. Help me to honor the presence you have in my heart by serving only you.

No comments: