Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Ok, Ok, I'm working on it!

“For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him. Do everything without complaining and arguing, so that no one can criticize you. Live clean, innocent lives as children of God, shining like bright lights in a world full of crooked and perverse people. Hold firmly to the word of life; then, on the day of Christ’s return, I will be proud that I did not run the race in vain and that my work was not useless.”
‭Philippians‬ ‭2:13-16‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/php.2.13-16.nlt


Ok, Ok, I get it! I'm working on it! Twice in the last week my daily devotions have centered around being thankful and NOT complaining. I really am trying. For those that have been around me, THAT is the reason for my silence. I stand by the solid theory, "If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all." I have taken that approach to social media since December and since the end of May, I have been quieter face to face as well. Every once in a while I just can't hold it in and I rant. For the past 3 months there have been fewer and fewer rants.

Praise God he is helping me! I am spending much more time listening, praying, and biting my tongue. When I feel a "blurt" rising to the surface, it takes all of my own energy and the power of God to swallow my words. I have chosen this path for several reasons. First, no one listens anyway. Second, many times my leadership skills end up dividing more than uniting. In my opinion, when I speak, I am greatly misunderstood. When I don't speak, people still misunderstand me, but I don't give them fuel to feed their vision. Lastly and most important, I am afraid my boldness, my personality, might get in the way of someone getting to know Christ. The last thing I ever want to do is to build a case against Christ because of my words.

I am learning to be quiet and just lead from behind. I have always thought my boldness and my aggressive, tell it like it is attitude, was an asset. Not anymore. God is pushing me to be a better leader. I feel his presence and praise him 100%, no complaint, no grumbling, and a lot more silence. I LOVE YOU LORD!

No comments: