Thursday, August 24, 2017

Lewis & Clark

““But forget all that— it is nothing compared to what I am going to do. For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭43:18-19‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/isa.43.18-19.nlt


It's easy to forget what God has done in my life. I have traveled this Earth for 57 years and I have seen his mighty hand throughout my life. But, it's nothing compared to the future and what he is about to do. He's leading me to something new. I can't wait.

In my Design Your Life Seminar, I shared an example about Lewis & Clark. We forget they didn't have a map of where they were going. There were no maps of the great northwest. The only thing they knew was a direction and a desire for adventure to "See what was out there". They carved a pathway through the wilderness, found food, made friends, and explored. All the while they kept heading Northwest. Oh, to be an explorer like that.

I have no idea where I am going to be in three years, or five, or ten. I do know which direction I'm going. I'm following Jesus. He is my "Native Guide". He is my constant companion and we are on a wonderful adventure. The last few months have brought about change in my life. My passions are in flux. The important things of the past seem less important now. God is directing my attention elsewhere, the path is opening in a new direction. Praise God! I can see. The change has already begun!

No comments: