Friday, August 18, 2017

Ghosts

“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”
‭‭John‬ ‭14:27‬ ‭NIV‬‬
http://bible.com/111/jhn.14.27.niv


I had a great evening last night going for a walk. I got a couple miles in while listening to some Mercy Me. On their new album they have a song called Ghost. It's a good one. These verses made me think of it.


I have to admit I never liked calling the Holy Spirit , the Holy Ghost. I think it has to do with the connotation of a Ghost. You know the graveyard, spooky type of Ghost. I never was afraid of ghosts, but I'm not sure I could walk through a graveyard at night without freaking out! But MY Ghost is so different than that. My Ghost fills me with peace when I need it the most. My Ghost is active in protecting me, guiding me, and being my constant companion. That is WAY different than the "Casper" type Ghost.

God does not do things like the world does, like Satan does. God brings a peace which is not connected with external things. He is not a Ghost we see. He is a Ghost we feel inside our being. He gives peace from the inside. He fills me with his spirit and my own spirit can rest. Thank you Lord for loving me, giving me peace and rest from a dark and sinful world.

No comments: