Sunday, January 31, 2016

As for me and my Family......

11Then the lord said to Samuel, “I am about to do a shocking thing in Israel. 12I am going to carry out all my threats against Eli and his family, from beginning to end. 1 Samuel 3:11-12

Every time I read this story about Eli and his family, I am deeply saddened. The thought of my kids, my grandkids, and their families not loving the Lord is more than I can handle. My constant prayer is for my wife, my daughters, my son-in-laws, my grandkids and their future families grow in their relationship with the Lord. I pray their lives would be devoted to the Lord. That is my strongest and most fervent prayer. 

Before Eli's death, I am sure he wondered where he went wrong. What could he have done to prevent the corruption of his two sons Hophni and Phineas?  It is so important that my family know the importance and the power of my relationship with Jesus Christ. They need to SEE that power in my daily life. They need to know of the power of prayer. They need to know they importance and the value of studying the word of God. They need to see us worship. They need to know of our service to others. They need to see our evangelism. If we are going to see each other in the hands of Jesus after we pass from this earth, we need to pass on the faith. Our efforts need to be real and we need to persevere. BUT, in the end the choices of our families, the choices of their spouses, and the coming generations, are their own. That's how God designed it. Free will! 

Just as God will not force us to follow him, I can not force the generations of my family to seek the Lord. It has to be their choice. It has to be their faith. I never want to wonder if I did enough. I never want to go through what Eli went through, if I have an ounce of air to prevent it. Sure, I want to bring others to know Jesus, but none are as important TO ME as my family. 


Dear Lord, I pray your mighty hand upon my family: Stephanie, McKenzie, Lindsae, Kelley, Jeff, Brian, Klayton, Lauren, Matt, Hannah, Jordan, Adam, Ayla, Rian, Elle, and Izyk. I love you so much. Help me lead them to you. Give me the words to share your wisdom. Help me to be a great example for them. Send others into their lives that will direct them to a deeper relationship with you, Jesus. Fill them with your Holy Spirit that they would feel your presence every single day. Speak to their hearts and direct them to seek you through prayer, study, and worship. Protect them from the evil one and the constant pressure to conform to the values of this world. Reveal to them your plans to bless them with joy, mercy, and grace. I love you Lord and I praise you for the family I have. I am humbled to be a part. I praise you from the deepest part of my heart. Amen!

No comments: