Wednesday, February 18, 2015

You can't force things

The Messenger-Angel said, “Can’t you tell?” “No, sir,” I said. Then he said, “This is GOD ’s Message to Zerubbabel: ‘You can’t force these things. They only come about through my Spirit,’ says GOD -of-the-Angel-Armies. ‘So, big mountain, who do you think you are? Next to Zerubbabel you’re nothing but a molehill. He’ll proceed to set the Cornerstone in place, accompanied by cheers: Yes! Yes! Do it!’” (Zechariah 4:5-7 MSG)

I had a wonderful day today. I got some letters from students today that just lifted my spirits. Have you ever wondered in life if you're making any difference? I hope that everyone WANTS to make a difference. I do want to make a difference in the lives of my students. I want to impact the lives of the people I hang out with. I want people to say their lives are better because of me. Of course the ultimate is when they see the Lord through me. 

You can't force these things!

I wish we could force these moments. But, if you do try to force them, they usually never happen. I notice I have had my greatest impact when I'm just trying to be me. The last three years as I have rejoined the classroom, I have seen a difference in me and then how students view me. I care less about how great a teacher I can be and more how great a person I can be. I'm not trying to to be their friend, I'm just trying to be a genuine , caring, loving human that gets the opportunity to hang out with kids. I don't try to be anything, I just am who I am. As I grow stronger in my faith I really have turned more of my daily life over to God. I am amazed to see the person I have become, not by my doing, but by the power and strength of Jesus.

Praise God for his loving presence and the guidance in my life.

No comments: