Sunday, February 22, 2015

Crushed but not defeated!

Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. Stand firm against him, and be strong in your faith. Remember that your family of believers all over the world is going through the same kind of suffering you are. In his kindness God called you to share in his eternal glory by means of Christ Jesus. So after you have suffered a little while, he will restore, support, and strengthen you, and he will place you on a firm foundation. All power to him forever! Amen. (1 Peter 5:8-11 NLT)

I have had times in my life that I have been devastated. I have been to the end of my rope. I have been crushed by overbearing bosses, misunderstood by an intended enemy, dissappointed by those who claimed to love me, and driven to depression because I had lost one of life's battles. The devil has had me right where he wanted me. He waits for my weakest moments. He stalks me, waiting for me to slip in my daily walk. He wants to devour me. He wants me to feel alone and defeated.

God is there to save us. God is there to remind us, the suffering is only for a short time. We are not alone. We all suffer together. We are family and family doesn't let family suffer alone. Our Heavenly Father does not let us suffer long. He raises us up restores us, strengthens us and will help us stand once again on his firm foundation. 

So regardless the pain you feel in this moment. Stand firm on the promises of God. Destroy the stalking Lion. Be strong in your faith. Even the Lion can not win when faced with such power as that which comes from faith in the God of the universe. 

Dear Lord, thank you, I praise you for defeating the stalking Lions of my life. I praise you for rescuing me from the depths, from the pains of life. I deserve nothing, yet you gave all. Praise God for the gift of his Son, Jesus, that we can soundly defeat the evil one! Amen!

No comments: