Monday, February 2, 2015

Just Use it!

When you bear (produce) much fruit, My Father is honored and glorified, and you show and prove yourselves to be true followers of Mine. (John 15:8 AMP)

Rick Warren used this verse in his devotional today and it prompted me to look at it a different way. I always looked at this verse as bringing people to the kingdom. But, Rick looked at this meaning our fruit equals our gifts. God has given us gifts to honor him. When we use those special gifts and talents, he smiles and is filled with joy.

That's the reason I'm in the Christian Motorcyclist Association. Several years ago our Pastor, Stuart Kruse, challenged us to use our passions for God's glory. He claimed that God designed us to be passionate, gifted, in specific areas. God expects us to use those passions for his glory, and his honor. My passions are motorcycles and teaching.  When I am doing those things God is pleased. Using my gifts and passions will bear fruit in ways we can not fathom. I can feel it when I am doing what God has designed me for. I feel his presence in my life the most when I am doing his will. That's not always just "churchy" type things. It's using the passions he placed inside of me. That's what brings a thrill to the heart of our creator.

What are you passionate about? What do you think about from sun-up to sun-down? Are you doing it? Do you get to work in the area you are passionate about? After work, do you use your gifts? I hope you can answer yes to all these things. I can and that is why I experience complete joy in my life. I am doing Gods will by doing what I enjoy. He is thrilled because he designed me that way.

Praise God for his perfect design. May I always Serve you in the ways you created me. May I always have that burning passion to do your will. Thank you Lord for my special gifts. Thank you for the adventure you are leading me through. I only want to serve you. I only want to bring you honor and glory! AMEN and AMEN!

No comments: