Saturday, February 14, 2015

Trusting your Coach

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. (Proverbs 3:5-6 NIV)

It's very normal to pick apart verses of the bible. When we do, we sometimes get bogged down with certain words. Many times we "gloss" over those words and we lose the value of the word from our Lord. There are so many key words here, but it is critical how they are tied together. 

I really have two choices in life. I either trust the Lord and all he is doing in my life or I don't trust him and count on my own understanding of the circumstances and events. 

Trusting in the Lord is saying that God knows my circumstances better than I do. 

 "Does God know better than I do about my own life?" Does he have a better view of what's going on outside my area of influence? Does he know more about how outside people are going to impact my life? Can he predict the impacts of my decisions? Until you can say yes, to all three you have no way to be successful in this life.

When you are participating in sports there comes a point in a players career he/she must decide if the coach knows what they are talking about. Practices become extremely trying, long, and tedious. The player asks if the pain is worth the gain. That always leads back to the coach. Does the player believe in the Coach? If not, "game over", if so then real winning can begin. Many times it is a long process to establish that trust. If the mutual trust is developed, the successes are amazing.

I'm not saying it's easy to trust a God you can't see. But, I know from a long relationship, I can trust in the Lord. I believe he sees all and knows all. It is only through his insight that a realistic game plan can be implemented for my life. So, just step out in faith one time. Determine that you will trust in the Lord. I will promise when you try it once you will never turn back. You will see his faithfulness and begin to doubt less. Then as you turn over more and more, he will bless more and more. 

Submit to him, trust him, and you will see!

No comments: