Saturday, February 7, 2015

Early Valentines Day verse!

It’s better to have a partner than go it alone. Share the work, share the wealth. And if one falls down, the other helps, But if there’s no one to help, tough! (Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 MSG)


I have been married for over 36 years. I have great partner. I can't imagine life on my own. I know people do it and frankly I would survive, but God brought us together. Our kids have been out of the house for quite a few years and I still greatly enjoy our time together, especially lazy Saturday afternoons, summer vacations, spring break, or any other time we get to spend away from the distractions of this world.

Valentines is a few days away, but these verses reminded me of the day we celebrate the special relationships in our lives. There is no more important relationship than the one I have with my wife. It's more than love. We are one. We are a partnership. We share the work, we share the wealth. If one falls down, the other helps. In nearly 37 years of marriage I have never thought a moment about being without her. I am a blessed man.

Lord I praise you for my wondeful wife. I praise you for the great plan of marriage. It is a key part of life that is meant to be shared through you. I thank you for guiding us through 37 years. I thank you for the true love that has grown between us. Thank you Lord for this great life you have granted me and my family. Amen!

No comments: