Wednesday, February 4, 2015

I'm afraid!

God-devotion makes a country strong; God-avoidance leaves people weak. (Proverbs 14:34 MSG)


I am truly afraid. 

I'm afraid of the road this country is traveling. I'm afraid of the polarization of our politicians, churches, and neighbors. I'm afraid of apathy. I'm afraid of wealth vs poverty, us vs them, and hatred for those different than us. I'm afraid of a world where nothing is right and nothing is wrong. I'm afraid of groups that can justify ruthless murder through God. I'm afraid of a morality that defies nature. I'm afraid of the epidemic of laziness and entitlement. I'm afraid of a society that will only give if there is something in it for them. I'm afraid of the persecution of those that love God and publicly proclaim his love. I'm afraid of life where relationships take the backseat to things! I'm afraid of weakness in the face of an unpopular stand. I'm afraid the number of people living without God. I'm afraid! I'm afraid! I'm afraid!

Yet,

Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so. Little ones to him belong. They are weak but he is strong. Yes, Jesus Loves Me! Yes, Jesus Loves Me! Yes, Jesus Loves Me! The Bible tells me so!

It's easy to look at this world with great fear. But, you deny the power of God if that fear paralyzes you that you can not live life for him. Our devotion to the love of Christ will overcome all fear! Praise God for his love even in these evil times! Praise God for his promise of eternal life!

No comments: