Tuesday, February 3, 2015

A father is always a father

I'm“Don’t bargain with God. Be direct. Ask for what you need. This is not a cat-and-mouse, hide-and-seek game we’re in. If your little boy asks for a serving of fish, do you scare him with a live snake on his plate? If your little girl asks for an egg, do you trick her with a spider? As bad as you are, you wouldn’t think of such a thing—you’re at least decent to your own children. And don’t you think the Father who conceived you in love will give the Holy Spirit when you ask him?” (Luke 11:10-13 MSG)



I had a "text" conversation with my daughters the other night. It gave me a true life example of what God goes through every day of my life. My youngest daughter is in the Hospital over 1000 miles away. My middle daughter is dealing with family illness, being 400 miles away from home, and a friend dealing with a family member that tried to commit suicide. My oldest is struggling with family issues, anxiety about a sick relative, crazy busy schedule work, life with a growing family, and a son 1500 miles away at college. I need to be with all of them but can't. All I can do is put them in the hands of my loving savior, and let him be their strength.

God came down to be with us because he just couldn't stand our suffering a moment longer. He sent his son to save us, mostly from ourselves. But, even now, it grieves him when we are in pain. He wants us to call out to him so he can heal and protect us. He longs to be with us, for us to want to be with him. He decided to send the Holy Spirit to help until we can be with him permanently. We just have to call on him.

 God aches for his children. He feels every ounce of pain and struggle that we do. Just like me and my daughters. A father is always a father.

Dear gracious Heavenly Father, please stand close to each of my daughters. You know their needs. You know their pains and the trials of this life. Be with each family, husband, and child to draw them closer to you. Guide them through the day, help them get rest. Heal the illnesses and eliminate the stresses they encounter. Defeat the evil in their path. Wrap your arms around them and hold them close for me. You know my fatherly thoughts. Take my place as the ultimate father. Let them know you're their with them always. Comfort them and love them in ways only you can. In your great and powerfully holy name. Amen!

No comments: