Thursday, February 12, 2015

My God's not mean!

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11 NIV)

My lord is powerful. He can move mountains, tear down barriers, part the seas. So many people view God as a powerful, slave master driving us with a whip and dealing vengeance to thse who make mistakes. We look at biblical phrases like "fear the lord" as a literal message to fear his retribution and that my God is just MEAN!  That's why I feel these verses help us do much. You can count on God to have great plans for your life. You can be confident that those plans are centered around what will prosper you and NOT harm you. These plans are designed to give us hope and a future. Most of the ills of my life are due to my sinfulness. They are due to poor choices and distancing myself from a God. Gods plans are for our good to give us hope and a wonderful future. 

Thank you Lord for your love and the plans you have for me. I see so much evil in this world. I see fear and hate for you, with no reason. As I get to know you throughout my life, I can see your plans for me ARE for good and not to harm me. Through all of that I DO have hope for the future! Amen!

No comments: