Sunday, February 1, 2015

It’s useless to rise early and go to bed late, and work your worried fingers to the bone. Don’t you know he enjoys giving rest to those he loves? (Psalm 127:2 MSG)

We don't have school today, well, not AT school. We have an e-learning day due to over a foot of snow falling all day yesterday. I love seeing my students every day, but today we will email each other and communicate electronically. It's not the most efficient way, but it is better than extending the school year or  adding time each day. I have to brag by saying my kids have done wonderfully, completing their work on snow days.

Even though I will be working all day from home, it is a restful day filled with getting caught up on school projects and getting ready for my CMA meeting on Saturday. Sometimes I think I work to much. I'm not complaining, but I'm just stating that I spend many long hours after school working on lessons and checking on stud not work. I explore for online resources, participate in education chats and check on education news for the latest trends. I need to spend more time resting and renewing during the school year.

God wants us to rest and relax. He doesn't want us to work our fingers to the bone. Excessive work is not from God. This is true for secular work as well as work in ministry. I say "we" but I need to include "I" when I say that our work lives need to change. We need to keep balance between work, ministry, and rest. This is an area I struggle with the most. I just can't seem to relax on a regular schedule. I always relax on spring break, or summer vacation, but during the year, I work nonstop. I need to change that. It's not healthy and it's not of God. Sounds like it should be another goal for 2015.

Dear Lord, help me with my "workaholism" . It's easier to justify my work than spend more time with you. Help me Lord to balance my life. Help me to include time with you in balance with work, and rest. I love you and praise you for your patience with me. It is very true that your grace is amazing. AMEN!


No comments: