Sunday, February 8, 2015

Mistakes

Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, (Ephesians 5:15 NIV)

I spend my days trying to explain to teenagers, it's ok to fail. Our society says if you fail you're a loser. I have students that literally die when they do poorly on a test. They just can't accept failure. I also have atudents that just "blow off" failure as a way to cope. Being 50 plus years of age, I have seen clearly that all people will fail. We need to know what to do with failure. If you never fail, when you do, it could be a permanent event.

It's so much more important how you react after failure than what you do to prevent it. We need wisdom in these cases. We need the knowledge in how we failed, what failed, and how could we have prevented it. It's not good enough to just say you'll try harder. Analysis, and re-evaluation helps you grow wise. We all need to learn from our mistakes, our moments of poor judgement, and our sins. When we don't take time to refelct about our lives, we are doomed to repeat those same mistakes, sins,and failures.

One area that we often neglect is prayer about failure. It's not always important to blame. It is important to take those failures to Christ. Pray for wisdom in overcoming and pray for wisdom in making things right especially if it hurts someone. God can provide wisdom.he can provide insight into our own lives and help us keep from making the same mistakes. Reflecting occurs best with God as our partner. We are told to take everything to God in prayer.

Dear Lord, I am flawed. You know that better than anyone. You know everything about me and want me to come to you for wisdom. So, Lord, I do just that. Grant me wisdom. Grant me a heart that seeks you first. Give me a heart that reflects on my decisions and choices. Help me to know how to correct my mistakes and eliminate the sins in my life. I honor you and love you with all my heart and soul. amen!

No comments: