Tuesday, February 10, 2015

It's 4 below zero!

Jesus answered, “Are there not twelve hours of daylight? Anyone who walks in the daytime will not stumble, for they see by this world’s light. It is when a person walks at night that they stumble, for they have no light.” (John 11:9-10 NIV)

I can't wait for spring, warm temperatures, more daylight, and spring break. It's coming, but not soon enough. I'm looking forward to is long walks, riding bikes, motorcyle rides, mowing my lawn, and just embracing the sunshine.

Florida, warmth, and the lazy days of spring break are just the thing I need to get me going. It's 4 below zero right now and the week is filled with subzero temperatures in the forecast. But, my hope is rising. I went to the International Motorcycle Show yesterday, it's like a Robin showing up in my yard. I've also noticed the days are getting noticeably longer.

I think many of us that live in the north are enamoured with warmth and sunshine. We need the light. I wish we were just as infatuated with Jesus. I wish we had as much hunger for the Lord as we have for the beaches or riding motorcycles. So many people live their lives in the grips of "Winter". Jesus is our "Spring". He is our warmth, he's our sunshine, he is our savior. He is everything we need in all seasons. Praise God for his love and grace.

No comments: