Monday, February 23, 2015

My performance evaluation before God

Now, a person who is put in charge as a manager must be faithful. As for me, it matters very little how I might be evaluated by you or by any human authority. I don’t even trust my own judgment on this point. My conscience is clear, but that doesn’t prove I’m right. It is the Lord himself who will examine me and decide. (1 Corinthians 4:2-4 NLT)


I have been so blessed to have some great bosses in my life. Even now I love my Principal. I believe he is fair, caring, insightful, compassionate, and a great leader by example. He is also in charge of my performance evaluation. For some reason, that I fail to see, teachers are in an uproar about our evaluation process. I actually like it. I know it's not completely fair. But, overall it is a good tool to help rate my job performance. But, really I don't care about my Prinicipals evaluation of my job. I report to a higher power, my loving and gracious God.

My evaluation isn't about money. It's about how well I represent Jesus Christ to my students, fellow teachers, parents, and anyone else I deal with on a daily basis. Frankly, if God thinks I deserve a raise, I'll get it. If not, I won't. I spend not one ounce of energy thinking about my teacher evaluation. I love my job more than some earthly rating system. Getting a great or poor performance means nothing without the seal of the Lord. I don't want to do my best for my students sake, my Prinicipals sake or even my own sake. I want to do my best because my savior Jesus Christ expects it. 

Praise God for my career. Praise God for the opportunity to serve my community, school, and more importantly my students. I beg you Lord to give me guidance and direction to do the best for each and every student. I am overjoyed with your presence in my life. I am wildly blessed with your love. Thank you! Amen!

No comments: