Saturday, February 21, 2015

"Life Like Verses"

What is causing the quarrels and fights among you? Don’t they come from the evil desires at war within you? You want what you don’t have, so you scheme and kill to get it. You are jealous of what others have, but you can’t get it, so you fight and wage war to take it away from them. Yet you don’t have what you want because you don’t ask God for it. And even when you ask, you don’t get it because your motives are all wrong—you want only what will give you pleasure. (James 4:1-3 NLT)

These verses have to be some of the most "life like" verses in the Bible. Don't they fit perfectly with the news of 2015. We see quarrels of all shapes and sizes in our world. We see evil desires, scheming, killing, jealousy, war, fights, and an absence of any communication with our wonderful savior. Hàve you ever just screamed at the top of your lungs! WHY?????? But, really, it should be clear. The reason we lack peace is because we don't ask for it and when we do ask, we do it for the wrong, usually selfish, reasons! We are in it for our own pleasure and that's what gets us in trouble the most. I'm watching the news right now and the first question is "What's in it for us?" The news is filled with selfishness. We, us, me, I are the most popular words of our vocabulary. If we turn from our selfish desires to serving our fellow man, peace will happen.

It's time to stop! The best way to fight the war is the armor of God! We need to arm ourselves and OTHERS with scripture, the word must be studied with all heart, and we need to deeply communicate with our loving savior. I need to constantly check my motives. How closely are they aligned with the heart of God? I need to turn my prayers from extravagant wish lists to prayers for wisdom, power, strength, to survive this evil, not just for me, but for others. We need to pray for others to know and be able to discern right from wrong. We need to pray for compassion. Help me to build relationships with the lost while at the same time serve them and supply there needs.

I love you lord and want nothing but your will. Help me, grant me wisdom to navigate the troubled waters in front of me. Help me to focus on helping others and service to those that hate meI I love you Lord! I worship you with all the praise I can produce. Thank you Lord! You truly are amazing!


No comments: