Monday, February 16, 2015

Dream'in!

He had a dream in which he saw a stairway resting on the earth, with its top reaching to heaven, and the angels of God were ascending and descending on it. There above it stood the Lord, and he said: “I am the Lord, the God of your father Abraham and the God of Isaac. I will give you and your descendants the land on which you are lying. (Genesis 28:12-13 NIV)

I'm not much of a dreamer. I don't mean dreams for the future, I have plenty of those. I don't dream much at night. Some people dream nearly every single night. The dream Jacob had would be one dream I would love to have. The bible is full of dreams, special messages from God, to his people. I wonder why God sends messages through dreams to some people and not to others. Maybe he uses dreams because we aren't open to his messages when we are awake.

God is always speaking to us. The real question? Are we are listening? It doesn't matter if God is speaking if we are not listening. Listening starts by preparing our hearts and our minds for the message. Prayer, bible study, and worship prepare us. Just as important is my attitude. Am I really expecting the Lord to speak? Do I have faith enough to turn my ear to the Lord to hear his wisdom? I have to expect to hear from him. He is speaking.

Thank you Lord for your patience with me. I beg you to speak to me in a way I will know your voice. Speak to me in power so that I might be moved to act on your voice. I love you and worship you. I praise you for the answers to prayer and the guidance I get from your glorious voice. You are wonderful! Amen!


No comments: