Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Don't count the days.......Make the days count!

IListen to me, you islands; hear this, you distant nations: Before I was born the Lord called me; from my mother’s womb he has spoken my name. He made my mouth like a sharpened sword, in the shadow of his hand he hid me; he made me into a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver. He said to me, “You are my servant, Israel, in whom I will display my splendor.” (Isaiah 49:1-3 NIV)

What is your mission in life? What are your "causes"? What passions do you have? 

Before you were born, God ordained your life. He fashioned you for a very specific life and designed you to be passionate about very specific things. I love it when I can sense the passion in people. I love it when I see someone burst forth in compassion and drive to make a difference in the world. I feel sorry for those that drift through life not realizing their mission. It's like riding a motorcycle without handlebars, you're going to crash. 

If you don't know my passions by now, you are new to this blog. I am most passionate about motorcycle ministry. Teaching others by my example is what drives me in the classroom, with my family, and on my motorcycle. I am passionate about living a life of integrity; may no man be able to question my honesty, caring, or love of God. 

Dear Lord, sharpen this arrow. Do not leave me in your quiver. Use me to bring others to your mercy. Use me to demonstrate your power and love. I am yours, you are mine! Help me to use my life for your glory. Let others see me as an example for their own lives. Praise God!

No comments: