Sunday, October 5, 2014

Stand the Gap!

“I looked for someone among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found no one. So I will pour out my wrath on them and consume them with my fiery anger, bringing down on their own heads all they have done, declares the Sovereign Lord.” (Ezekiel 22:30-31 NIV)

I have a slight fascination with Bridges. Many of the great bridges of the world are quite beautiful. I've been across the Brooklyn bridge, the Mackinaw Bridge, the Golden Gate, the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-tunnel, the great Skyway Bridge in Tampa and hundreds of other beautiful small bridges in our country. These great expanses of steel and cabling help us traverse huge barriers. 

God is looking for me to "Bridge the Gap" for those that do not know him. He wants me to provide the path for the lost to discover his grace and love. Sometimes the divide between this world and the God of the universe is huge, other times that gap is no larger than a stream. But, we are called to fill that gap. Yes, the project may take years, the work may be slow, but we can not give up. There are times I feel the efforts will never bear fruit, yet, with Gods power it always does. 

Praise God for the opportunity to serve and love beyond all comprehension. Thank you Lord that others bridged the gap for me. I would not be here today with out the wonderful love of your faithful servants.

No comments: