Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Only the lonely

Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Relieve the troubles of my heart and free me from my anguish. (Psalm 25:16-17 NIV)

I really can't say I have ever been lonely. It is amazing to me that in our society with all the people, activity, and busyness anyone could be lonely. But, loneliness is prevalent. Young people are lonely, senior citizens are lonely, widows, orphans, homeless, and many more people across this country are lonely. I also think the lost are lonely. Sure they have people in their lives, but do they really have friends that will stand by them through affliction, troubles, and aguish.

My heart is never alone. Jesus is with me, even in the most isolated situation, I don't feel alone. I'm not on my own. I have the greatest strength because the spirit of God is with me. All we need to do is turn to him. He will not leave us and he will heal us from the greatest pains in our life.  God is with us, but is that always enough? We love to have human interaction. We don't want to be alone here on earth even with the greatest friend in the universe. God can handle that as well. When we take our requests to him, he will answer them. He will provide.

Praise God for friendships. Praise God he can heal all things including loneliness, troubles of the heart, and anguish from life. Lord I pray you will take care of the lonely. Provide them with knowledge that you are always there for them. Provide them with a loving community of friends and family that will care for them and make the loneliness vanish. Thank you Lord for your great Love. Amen'

No comments: