Tuesday, October 7, 2014

I learn from the best and the worst!

“Now here’s a surprise: The master praised the crooked manager! And why? Because he knew how to look after himself. Streetwise people are smarter in this regard than law-abiding citizens. They are on constant alert, looking for angles, surviving by their wits. I want you to be smart in the same way—but for what is right —using every adversity to stimulate you to creative survival, to concentrate your attention on the bare essentials, so you’ll live, really live, and not complacently just get by on good behavior.” (Luke 16:8-9 MSG)

You can learn from anyone! I have had some great mentors in my life. There have been people I have modeled my life after because of their great wisdom. I have learned life is about relationships from my father. I have leaned about service and true Christianity from some great leaders in my past, Ted and Lynn Blosser, Jim Rousseau, and famous people like Chuck Swondol and Billy Graham. My mother and my grandparents are other great role models. But, I have also learned how to live from some terrible people. I know you can think of some people you know that are terrible leaders. You know those christians that just don't live the life they promote. We can sure learn a lot how NOT to do things and how NOT to treat people. This is the case for this story. The crooked manager was a true example how not to live your life. Using people, manipulating situations to make yourself look good is a lifestyle we should all avoid.

We need to be life long learners of Christ. We need to constantly search for a better way. We can find that through studying the bible, worshipping with our Christian brothers and sisters, or living life observing others, both good and bad. Regardless, we always need to have our hearts and minds ready to learn. Praise God he provides me with lessons to move me closer to the life he wants me to lead. Lord, continue to mold me, shape me, use me for your wonderful purpose, not my own.

No comments: