Monday, October 6, 2014

The frenzy of worry!

“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? (Matthew 6:25-27 NIV)

God forgive me. I'm a worrier. I can't help it. I love my Lord, but when I walk into the unknown I become anxious and wonder about the outcome. I know God is in charge. I know the strength and power of my Savior. But, I still wonder, I still worry about how my sinfulness affects the outcome of events. Will God use this situation to teach me something. Will he provide pain and suffering to teach me a valuable lesson? I'm afraid of the pain.

If you are like me you can really get yourself "worked up" into a frenzy of worry. When that happens I always turn to prayer. It's always works. The peace of my loving God can be found through prayer. He understands my weakness and my worry. He can calm me even I the wildest of circumstances. The paralysis that I feel when I worry is completely gone when I turn it over to Jesus. 

Thank you Lord for your wonderful peace. Thank you for the calm you provide to get me through times of stress. I love you and could not survive without your love and grace. All I have is yours!

No comments: